I have been on a roll lately getting things done off the "Things to do before baby arrives" list and one such job was to make covers/liners for the new pram seats. They are red and whilst the new baby will be in a carry cot or a footmuff for all of winter Little L certainly won't be in a footmuff. In fact I do well to make her tolerate a blanket over her legs. So I thought to avoid endless washing of the red padded seat liner I would make simple covers that can be washed and dried easily.
So months ago I bought a cheap red fleece blanket from Ikea (these blankets work out cheaper than buying fleece by the metre and the quality is fine too). I washed it and it sat and lingered on my to do list for a couple of months at least until yesterday.
When Little L had her sleep after lunch I got the sewing machine out, cleared the table and started cutting. I simply cut the shape of the liner and then an extra section to form a flap on the back. Hemmed it all (by the way I hate sewing with fleece even though I do have a walking foot for my machine my results are never great) and then set to marking out the holes (like large buttonholes) that would need stitching and cutting to allow for the seat harness to pass through. This is quite fiddly and if you look closely some aren't straight but they will be fine.
I added a bit a ribbon to tie securely at the bottom and done.
Plus I have half a blanket left which will be enough for a baby or toddler blanket.