Monday 19 November 2012

This and That

Where have I been?  Sorry I haven't posted for a while.  I can't say I've been away on some exciting holiday or been doing anything much out of the ordinary but time just passes so quickly.

So we have been loving the new stove in the front room and there was much excitement on Friday morning (just from me) when the coal man came and delivered 3 bags of coal!  So much warmer than just burning wood.

Christmas is creeping into my thoughts and home.  And I ventured into the kitchen and made some mince pies.  Hhhhm the smell and you can't beat mince pies.  I think you are allowed to eat mince pies from Nov to Feb by then after consuming 100's of them you stop and start the New Year diet (ahem)!  I was impressed as the pastry worked quite well and didn't crack.


Also some Daffodil bulb planting and winter pansies.  I'm never quite sure how deep to put bulbs in so fingers crossed these will come up.
 
And some knitting of course.  Done the back and one sleeve of little L's next cardy and I also started a cowl.  No pattern just knit mainly as I wanted to test out the jumbo 9mm needles I bought on Saturday. 
 
Just wish I could knit a bit faster, one of the ladies at knit and natter finished a cardy the other day, in a toddler size, and it only took her 3 days!!! I'd be lucky to get it done in 3 weeks.  I am off to Harrogate Knit and Stitch Show on Friday (can't wait) so no doubt my things to knit list will get a lot longer.
Bye for now x 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...