Sunday 21 October 2012

Vintage Crochet

This last week little L has not been sleeping well at all, well she has slept once tucked up in Mummy's bed whilst poor Mr P has slept on the sofa.  I think it is her teeth as she is getting the big ones at the back.  Friday night she slept in her own bed (after 2 1/2 hours of crying etc) and the Saturday night she slept like an angel 7 - 7 bliss.  Anyway my Mum suggested that she might have been waking up cold so Mum said she would dig out some blankets for her.  And I just had to show you one of the blankets she found.  It so explains where I get my love of crochet.
 
This blanket was made by my Grandma (Dads mum) when my Mum was expecting my eldest sister so that makes it about 41 years old (omg my sister is so old).  Don't know where this was cos I don't remember ever seeing it at home.  But just look at the colours I just love it bright hexagons all edged in cream.  
 
And you'd never guess it was so old, its not bobbly or anything.
 
Sadly I don't remember my Grandma very much as she died when I was 7.  I always knew she was very crafty and made all sorts of things but I didn't know she crocheted.  It just shows how we inherit so much of what and who we are.  I hope one day little L will want to make things.
Bye for now

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's lovely. Don't forget it's for little L, not for your bed!!! Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...