Well it is almost finished still some glossing to do when the weather warms up.
In the end it took 6 coats of paint to cover the red and on some walls 7 coats but it was well worth it. A very neutral ivory colour (yes a bit boring but I don't intend repainting in there for a long time). I didn't go for dulux like I've used before because the paint was going to cost around £50 that's way too much. So I went to B&M and they had 20% off all paint so 5L of Jonhstones was about £17. It gave a really good finish, covered well and was almost the same colour as the dulux I wanted but for less than half the price. I'd definitely recommend this paint brand.
Rather than buy new blinds I have used the old roller blind fittings (they were red of course so I couldn't put them back up) and made new blinds. I didn't really want plain and patterned blinds were quite expensive so I thought I would have a go myself.
The fabric I wanted was £22 a metre and I needed 3m so I decided to use some fabric I already had because I wasn't convinced this would work anyway. So free blinds.
And the walls before and after shots...
It is so much lighter and we really like it.