Monday 25 March 2013

Weekend potterings

The weather last week was pretty bad and we had got pretty wet and freezing on our trips out and about.  And since it snowed a lot on Friday and was due to snow on Saturday we didn't plan to do much.  Little L has a really bad cough and so Saturday afternoon we played in front of the stove and watched Up.  I love this film and Little L seemed mildly amused with it at times especially when the dog speaks and she loves balloons.
 
Sunday was a quiet day here as again it was freezing.  So food shopping was done and after lunch I managed to work on the cardigan I cast on the other week.  It is a really easy pattern to follow.  But my sizing seems a bit off as it is no way going to be newborn size as stated in the pattern.  Oh well it will come in handy when my friends baby is bigger.  I might use this pattern again but use aran as then it might fit Little L as it would be even bigger.
 
P was outside doing wood collecting/chopping/stacking not sure really but he has been getting lots of wood recently to stack and dry for winter.  It is so nice to see a big stack of wood outside.
 
Also managed to plant up some pots with winter pansies.  Just need some warmth to get them growing.
 
 
 This last week I have also been working on my Upcycled retro table but progress is slow as it has been too cold in the garage for my little helper so I haven't done much.  Maybe this week I will finish it.  But its unlikely as this is another busy week with my car at the garage so a day back home for us, playgroup, shopping and my favourite 17 year old niece turns 18!!.   And only 5 more days until Easter and the end of lent so I can finally eat chocolate and crisps. 

1 comment:

  1. Loving your cardigan, I wish I had been a knitter when my children where smaller. Now they are too big (more knitting) and probably wouldn't wear a knitted cardigan!! Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...